Tuesday, October 2, 2012

FINAL BLOG POST

1.       How have you changed as a person after studying abroad?

Of course! In more than one way. I feel more capable of being able to explore the world confidently and without any fears of the unknown territories. If I was able to survive 4 months living in a whole other country I am more than able to make it through anything I face in life.

2.       What self-discovery surprised you?
I wasnt AS open minded as I thought! Living out of your comfort zone will really reveal the kind of person you are. After a couple weeks in Italy, I realized how much my perception of certain things had to change if I wanted to make this trip the best I possibly could! 1 thing I did was STOPPED comparing Rome to the US, its impossible to compare. 2nd thing I did was just tried to understand why things were the way they were in Rome, stopped judging.

3.       If you took courses in your major; how has studying abroad impacted your understanding of your major?
There wasn't much of an impact I felt. It was still an American school.

4.       Single greatest benefit of studying abroad?
The feeling of not being scared of traveing to places I've never been and knowing I can find my way around.

5.       How did your life goals change?
My bucketlist for certain things defintely has gotten longer! So many places to go and see

6.       What was your favorite experience?
When my family flew over and visited me! We went to Paris and spent the rest of the time in Rome. Not many people I know can say that they've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

7.       Any advice for future participants?
Plan aheaddddd! Go on as many trips as you possibly can!

8.       Would you study abroad again?   Why?
Yes!!! This experience was probably the best thing I've ever experienced in my life. Their memories I will always be able to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment